Sunday, February 14, 2016

CATS - Appliqued Wallhanging

CATS - Appliqued Wallhanging (1991)
This was my very first attempt at quilting. 

I'd just had surgery and was on sick leave for six weeks.  After a week, I was pretty much back on my feet and looking for something interesting to do, so I visited a quilt store, QuiltNFriends, close to home.  The store owner was very friendly and helpful and suggested I take a class to learn the basics of quilting.  Well, that class was to take place a week later and I was raring to go, so I bought a pattern for the wallhanging above.

The instructions were very basic. but I had no idea how to use a rotary cutter, so I believe I used scissors to cut all the necessary pieces.  Fusible webbing was used to attach the cats to the background pieces and having no experience in the patchwork process, I assembled the blocks first and pieced the corner pieces last.  What a mistake that was because I was faced with Y-seams which were a complete nightmare!  

The center seams must have been really crooked and wonky, which is why I applied the red bias tape.  Why I chose red is beyond me!

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from all of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.

If you have a question I'll reply to your comment. If you prefer an email response, please mention that and make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I won't be able to e-mail you back.

Please note that any and all comments posted by 'Anonymous' persons are deleted without exception as a means of nuisance abatement.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on this post.

Chumkie.