Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday's WIP

Cathedral Windows - A Quilt-Along

For the last two weeks, I've been conducting a Quilt-Along for members of Desi Quilters, a group of modern quilters of Indian descent, living in India and abroad.  My aim was to present modern variations of the traditional Cathedral Windows quilt, which is beautiful to behold but pretty tedious to construct.

I began with QAL #1 - an Orange Peel Quilt.
Made by a Desi Quilters member
Take a look at pictures of this QAL on Facebook.

QAL #2 using the 1-Seam Flying Geese technique, was presented last week and I presume is still being worked on by members of our quilt group.  Take a look at the pictures of this QAL currently posted on Facebook.

I begin QAL #3 - Traditional Cathedral Windows today.  I hope to be done with this QAL by the end of this week.

I will return to post pictures and the link to my blog for this QAL when it's complete.  Even though there have been major interruptions to this effort, I've managed to keep on track and schedule and am confident it will be completed successfully

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from all of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.

If you have a question I'll reply to your comment. If you prefer an email response, please mention that and make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I won't be able to e-mail you back.

Please note that any and all comments posted by 'Anonymous' persons are deleted without exception as a means of nuisance abatement.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on this post.

Chumkie.